Tuesday, April 15, 2014

December 2013

I realized that I hadn't blogged since December and decided it was time to catch up.  My boys say a lot of funny things all the time and I wanted to remember them.  Here's a little flashback to Christmas.  


We celebrated many different Christmases.  We had a Christmas at my parents, at my grandma's, and at our house with Phil's family.  I love this picture of my grandmas together with Ellie.

 

The boys were clearly excited for Christmas.



Normally, my dad has my sister or me wrap his gifts that he gives, but this year, he took on the task himself.  


During the month of December, Jack and I had a lot of interesting conversations:

Jack lost a blanket a preschool. A few days later, he came home with it. I asked him where he found it. He said, an elf had it and brought it back!

Jack: Ryan said the red Santa comes to visit little boys like me. The brown delivery truck Santa comes for big boys like him.

While at the park, this conversation happened.

Jack: Mom, I need m&m's. You go back to Grammy's and get some.
Me: I can't leave you by yourself.
Jack: But you're a big girl.
Me: But who would watch you if I left?
Jack: God. Or Santa.





Jack, upon seeing that Santa came and left him a note, jumped up and down and yelled, "Yay, yay, yay! I'm not on the naughty list!"



Ryan drew this on my gift bag of what he made for me from school.
Me: What did you draw on here?
Ryan: It's Jack getting in trouble.
 




Lastly, Ryan performed in the Christmas musical at church this year.  Even though he was reluctant to do it, in the end he really enjoyed it and had fun with his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment