Mood Fabric shirtI used a Cynthia Rowley pattern that I had used before. It was Simplicity 2593. This pattern is really simple to make and really showcases the print of the shirt. The fabric that I got from Mood was a silk/cotton blend and it feels amazing, but it was very slippery and flimsy to work with. I had a hard time with it, but I am so happy with the final product and how well it drapes.
Old version of shirtThe last time I made this shirt, I was super unhappy with the neckband. It did not look like the pattern envelope. I messed with it and redid it several times, but never ended up liking it so I took it off. This time, I added a lot more twists to the band and then added gathered areas where I stitched the band to the shirt. After I took this picture, I also tacked the neckband in place to secure the detail a little more. I'm so much happier with it this time around. I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this blouse this spring and summer.