I have been wanting to make these boy pants ever since I saw them on Made by Rae's Celebrate the Boy month. Last week, my mom and I went to Strawberry Patches to pick some accent fabric to make these pants. My mom already had a lot of left over khaki twill so I knew I would use that for the main fabric for these pants. The difficult part of this was that the pattern came in a size 3. I had to figure out how to make these work in different sizes for Jack and Ryan. These pants were also fully lined. I made them according to the directions, but they were really bulky. I removed the top portion of the lining and just kept the lining for the cuffs. Much better. They are also a lot less bulky and fit better on the boys. I also got the latest Boden catalog and I fell in love with the monster shirts. I decided that the boys would need monster shirts to match their pants. I'm really please with how they came out.
Ryan also really likes his monster shirt!