Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Shirt in a Day Class

I've had a lot of you express interest in my projects, so I thought I'd offer a sewing class! We will be making a Cynthia Rowley top, Simplicity pattern 2593. This is a super basic pattern and a beginner will definitely be successful. This top may look tricky, but I assure you it is not.




The class will be held Saturday, July 31st, from 10am-4pm. The class will cost $45. I am able to have a total of 5 people due to space constraints, first come, first serve. I am also willing to offer more classes for the same or other projects, depending on interest. I will be providing the pattern and lunch, as well as hands on knowledge. Each person will be responsible to bring the following items:
  • 2 1/8 yds COTTON fabric (no knits please). This fabric needs to be pre-washed, dried, and pressed so it is ready to cut and sew.
  • thread to match your fabric
  • sewing machine
  • scissors
  • pins
**You may bring matching bias tape if you wish to use it on your shirt. You also may bring a sewing measuring tape if you have one. If not, I have a few.

If you are interested in signing up, please leave a comment saying so along with your email address. I also need your bust measurement, along with your typical blouse size so I know what size patterns to get. I will contact you from there with driving directions and I will answer any other questions you may have. I'm looking forward to a sewing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment