Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jamison Square

The flu lasted for 2 days for me. Phil started getting sick when I started feeling better. I was just thankful we weren't both sick at the same time because I don't know how we would have taken care of the boys. Unfortunately, we were sick for Doug's birthday party, which is one of the reasons we chose to visit Portland that particular week. Anyway, when Phil was convalescing and I was feeling better, I asked around for a park to take the boys to. We were closest to Jamison square, which we had been to on our last visit, but I hadn't remembered where it was. I walked the boys over to the park and I saw the water play area. First I just rolled up their jeans and took off their shoes. Ryan pleaded with me to let him get soaked and Jack made it clear that he was going to throw himself into the water weather I liked it or not. I took off Ryan's shirt and let him soak his jeans and I stripped Jack down to his diaper. They both squealed with glee and took off for the wading area. It was great. We made 2 visits to this park and loved every second of it.

The water would bubble up over the steps and fill the area in front, then would slowly receded like a wave and do it again. It was very cool.

Jack in his diaper

Ryan in his soaked jeans

On our trip 2 years ago to Portland, we had been lost and had discovered a wonderful cupcake place. We wanted to go there again, but didn't know the name or where it was. Lucky for us, on our way to Jamison square, we found Cupcake Jones. On our second trip to the water area, we made sure to stop off for a fabulous red velvet cream cheese filled cupcake. It was to die for. This park is in the neighborhood called the Pearl and I absolutely love this area of town. It is very family friendly, has great restaurants, and Anthropologie, where I did some damage on the credit card, but it sure was fun. Anyway, I can't wait to go back and visit this neighborhood again.

No comments:

Post a Comment