I had been wanting to sew something for myself lately, but I had cleaned up the sewing room in preparation for Jack (it is also his room). I thought that I wouldn't have time for anymore projects. Well, seeing as he is not yet here, and I have time on my hands that I don't need to spend anticipating his arrival, I got all my sewing stuff back out. Ryan and I went to JoAnn's yesterday and found this pattern from Simplicity New Look.
I also found some terrific yellow fabric that was 50% off! I cut out the pattern this morning, and sewed this afternoon while Phil and Ryan were at a car show by Home Depot. I found that the pattern was generously sized (as in it first fit over my 9 month pregnant belly with ease when I first tried it on.) I would suggest going down a size smaller than your measurements would suggest if you were to sew this shirt for yourself. Now I think I have sized it appropriately to fit my soon-to-be (hopefully) not-pregnant self. I'm very pleased with the outcome. The only thing I am unhappy with is that I think my sewing machine is needing a tune up. The bobbin has not been cooperating lately. This problem decided to rear its ugly head when I was trying to attach the sleeves, which made what should have been an easy process, very time consuming.