Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A ways to go...

So today I had a doctor appointment to check on the baby. He was totally uncooperative. We could feel him moving, but the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat. She got out the ultrasound for a quick check. He was in a tight little ball, head down, with his hands and feet wrapped tightly in front of his body, making it extremely difficult to see, let alone hear, a heart beat. We finally saw it and everything was fine. She wanted to confirm that he indeed is a he, but he was even more uncooperative about that. We will just have to trust that the first ultrasound was right. His head is still very high up so it doesn't look like I'll be going into labor immediately. I guess the good news about this is normally, after 36 weeks she doesn't let anyone travel, but in my case she is going to let me go to my cousin Ben's wedding this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Did she tell you that as long as the wedding isn't in the "wilderness" that you should be fine? Because that's what she told me about the MCC Sale...Glad all is well with Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm totally laughing about the "wilderness" and wondering how that would be defined by your doctor.

    Here's hoping to some cooler weather your way until your baby is born!

    ReplyDelete