Sunday, October 14, 2007

Our Weekend

We had a very busy weekend. On Saturday morning, Ryan and I got up early and went to Grandma's house to visit so Ryan could watch Calfey eat breakfast. He thought that the cows were really cool, but a little scary at the same time.


Dana was the one that fed Calfey her breakfast. She ran right up to Dana and slurped her milk down in a hurry, then chased after Dana with her milky mouth, ready to slobber all over him. Dana did his best to get away, but Calfey was pretty persistent.
Calfey was unsure of us being out in the pasture with her, but she still let us pet her (mostly because Dana was there with the milk).
Today, Phil, Ryan, and I all went to Via Arte at the Marketplace to see what the chalk drawings looked like. There were two areas of chalk drawings. One area had smaller squares where most of the drawings were weird anime pictures. I was feeling a little disappointed with those, but I later found out that those drawings were part of the student/kids section. In light of that discovery, I was proud of those kids for participating and expressing their artistic voices. We found the large drawing section next, which had a few good pieces, but most were still pop art kind of drawings. This was one original (I'm assuming) creation that I liked.
My favorite drawing was done by the fabulous Ellie Grover, our photographer-friend, who has taken all of Ryan's professional photos.

I don't think these pictures do Ellie's drawing justice because you can't really see all the detail that is on the right side of the picture.

I really enjoyed going to an art event here in Bakersfield and supporting the art community.

No comments:

Post a Comment