Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mud

So tonight I invited my parents and Julie and Dana over for dinner. Phil and I had found a fantastic new recipe for burgers. They're called Feta Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Prosciutto Burgers and they're fantastic. My parents came over early because they wanted to play with Ryan. Upon arrival, my dad promptly took Ryan outside to play and my mom stayed to help me in the kitchen. I commented to my mom how fantastic it was to be able to cook dinner without my little munchkin hanging onto my legs and how quickly everything was going with another set of hands. I noticed that I hadn't seen Ryan run past the kitchen window in a while, but I figured my dad had everything under control. I went to get something from the bedroom and my mom yelled for me to get the camera and come outside. I went outside and this is what I found:
My dad triumphantly announced, "Ryan's learning how to play in the mud." Ryan took this opportunity to squeal and crawl through the mud to come give me a hug. All I could do was laugh. What a cutie.
He was so tired by the end of the evening that he carried his blankie and sippy cup of milk to his bedroom and just stood there, leaning up against the door jam, waiting for me to put him to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised it wasn't your mom who gave him his first "mud bath". I can just imagine the squeals...both Ryan's and Grandma and Grandpa's. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second picture is really cute!

    ReplyDelete