Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Today I sewed a mixer cover for my mixer. I have been meaning to do this for years, but had never got around to it. I used a tutorial that I found on the internet. I made a few changes to her directions. I lined my cover with muslin and instead of quilting it, and I used fusible fleece on the outside and interfacing on the inside pieces. I also just used regular seams for the cover instead of bias tape like she did. The other thing I did was instead of drawing a circle like she suggests to make the arch on the front and back pieces, I just used my rotary cutter to cut around the edge of a salad plate. It fits great and I like how it looks in my kitchen.