Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Heart Melts

Today was my first day back at work and my first day to leave Jack for more than a few hours. Phil asked me how I was feeling about it all today and I said, "You know that scene in Amelie, when she melts? That's what my heart feels like today," as the tears welled up in my eyes. I knew it would be fine, and it was fine, but it's never easy. I thought it might be easier with Jack since I had already gone through this with Ryan, but it's not. I left work during lunch to see the boys and feed Jack and it was just as hard to go back to work after lunch. I know every day will be better and after this week and next week, I will only be doing it part time (until my partner teacher has her baby). I know it will be okay, but it's still hard.

For those that haven't seen Amelie, the clip is below. If you don't want to watch it all, she melts around 2:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment