Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Things

I am really enjoying something new that I got for Christmas.  My mom and dad got me a DSLR camera.  I was really surprised and overwhelmed when I got it.  I certainly wasn't expecting it and I was overwhelmed because I had never taken pictures with anything but a point and shoot before.  I spent a lot of time on Christmas trying to figure out how to take pictures in the manual setting.  I certainly have a lot to learn, but I've had fun practicing on stuff around my house.




This moment with Jack was really great.  He set up this little vignette with Rita and told me, "Mommy, take a picture."  I told him I needed to get my phone.  He said, "No, no, no, your real camera."



I thought Rita was really cute in this picture.


The next new thing that I am really excited about is my new niece, Georgia James.  She weighed 5 lbs.,  10 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long.  She was born December 28th, 2012.  Doug and Vanessa are thrilled, especially that she is healthy and doing well.  Vanessa has also shown some improvement today.  She is doing physical therapy and speech therapy.  The speech therapy is more difficult, but she is progressing with the physical therapy.  The goal is to get her strong enough to sit so that she can go to the NICU to spend time with Georgia.  Our family really appreciates your prayers for Doug, Vanessa, Georgia, and Carolina.  


The third new thing is Georgia's quilt that I am working on sewing.  I thought that I had more time, but Georgia decided to come a little earlier than anticipated.  The quilt is made from the pattern, Fussy Fairytales. 



I used Heather Ross's Far Far Away fabric collections from lines 1,2, and 3.  I love how imaginative and whimsical the prints are.  I'm sorry that these pictures are so dark, but I'm still learning.  


I imagine this little girl to be lost in her imagination while playing with her ponies.  All the other prints depict a fairy tale.

The owl and the pussy cat.

Sleeping Beauty

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves laundry.  The owl is my favorite part.

The Princess and the Pea


Snow White

The quilt top is finished and now I need to work on the back and figure out how I am going to quilt it.  I hope to get this quilt finished before too long.  Doug tells me I have 2 and a half weeks to get it to Georgia before she is home from the NICU.



2 comments:

  1. Great news on Georgia! Still praying for Vanessa. And that quilt continues to be even more amazing in each picture that I see of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet baby girl. Look at all that beautiful hair! Praying for your Sister-in-Law!

    ReplyDelete