Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dress Refashion

I've had a few items of clothing in my closet lately that haven't been working for me.  I had two dresses in particular that I really liked various aspects of, but as a whole, they weren't flattering.  One was too big, but had a great skirt.  One was too clingly, but had a fantastic neckline.  My solution?  Make them into one great dress.  My problem was that I knew that I wanted to make "J" style pockets on the skirt of the new dress but I wasn't sure how.  I also couldn't find a dress pattern that had these style pockets that I liked.  I ended up just fiddling with a ready made dress from Target that I already had that had the "J" pockets until I got it figured out for my dress.  Now, as I am writing this post, I googled a pocket tutorial that I wish I would have found several hours ago so I'll share that with you, blog readers!

Anyway, here is the before of one of my dresses.

And here is the new and improved after!

I love how this dress looks and it is super comfy.  I'll think I'll be wearing this a lot this summer.


  1. The dress is CUTE and you look ammmmmazing friend.

  2. Ok, I thought that dress looked different today! Very cute refashion!

  3. Nice job, Jenny -- it looks great!