Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nursery Update

Yesterday, with a lot of help from Phil and my mom, the nursery was painted and the glider was reupholstered.  I taped off and prepped the room yesterday morning.  When Phil got home from work, he painted the whole thing.  I touched up this morning.  We are very pleased with the outcome.  

Yesterday morning and most of today, I worked with my mom on the chair.  I was scared to take apart the old cushions because I really like them still, but they just don't go.  My mom helped me get over that, and with her expertise, we now have a glider that matches.


The crib with the new wall color

Window valance

Painted nursery
Now I just need to figure out what sort of decorations to put on the walls.  Suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love the fabrics you chose and the color on the wall. The glider looks fabulous! You always amaze me with your skills!

    The room looks so spacious compared to our nursery. Two cribs can really cramp a room! Too bad they don't make crib bunk-beds?

    Hmmm.... There's a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute...I can just imagine your mom helping you get over recovering the chair...funny. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great and what a fun project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. What a lot of work. The chair looks great. Yes, the green just would't work.

    Hope you had a great Easter. Missed you guys!

    ReplyDelete