Monday, March 11, 2013

Lorie's Houndstooth Quilt

 A while ago, Lorie so coyly asked me if I would like to make a quilt for her for her 30th birthday.  This was almost a year ago, which seemed like ample time, so I said yes (besides the fact that she is a great friend and a quilt would be the perfect gift).  I began looking for a quilt pattern that was "so Lorie."  I had been intrigued by a houndstooth quilt and knew that Lorie had a thing for black and white.  She had also told me she wanted oranges and other "sherberty" colors.  I started on her quilt after Christmas and got the front...

and back pieced together in no time.  I used this pattern.  The directions were so easy and the method for the blocks was really great.  I highly recommend it.  Life then happened and the quilt stayed like this.  


Last week, I went to my happy place and spent some time quilting and finishing this quilt.  


I love how it came out.  The scrappy binding and round corners are a favorite part for me.  I also think that Lorie liked her gift as well, even if it was a little late.  


2 comments:

  1. it really is so perfect for her! came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny shoes at the bottom of the quilt, it's called the walking quilt.....

    ReplyDelete