Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Purse from Old Things

I was feeling like I needed a project, but I didn't want to spend any money. I went through my fabric stash and found a gorgeous piece of upholstery fabric that my mom bought for me a while ago. I also found a burnt orange piece of fabric that was a nice compliment to the upholstery fabric. I had leftover pieces of fake leather, interfacings, and purse hardware. I decided that my project should be a purse. This whole week, I thought about what the purse should look like. Well, last Christmas, I splurged and bought a purse (in navy, not the color pictured) and I LOVE this purse. I have not carried a different purse since I bought it. Knowing me and my love of purses, I haven't EVER gone this long without switching purses. I decided that I was going to copy that purse pattern.

It was really simple. It is just three rectangles, with the two sewn together to make the front, and one whole rectangle for the back. I added a couple pockets, some hardware, buttons, and embellishments and this purse is the result! I'm pleased with it.



Now if only the weather would cooperate and cool off so my fall wardrobe could be worn with this handbag.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have some upholstery remnants that are really nice...if you ever need something to play around with let me know...I'd love to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! You did such a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I would love to trade some fabric. We need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The CAO & The Queen BeeSeptember 8, 2010 at 1:58 PM

    That is darling Jenny! I love that fabric. Great job.

    ReplyDelete