Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Poor Rita!


About a week ago, Phil and I heard a cat yowling in the yard, so we let Rita out to chase it away. We heard her skittering paws on the cement and the sounds of a cat's screeching meows. We were feeling proud of our protective little dog when suddenly, we heard a terrible yelping and crying coming from Rita so we ran to the back door. Poor Rita limped inside. I searched her paws and legs, but could find no injury. We decided to wait it out and see if Rita's conditioned improved as she has a tendency to be a baby about things. Since we saw no real improvement, we made an appointment with the vet. Phil took her to the vet this evening and it turns out she has a torn ligament and will require surgery. I felt so sorry for my poor little sedated dog as Phil put her limp little body into my arms this evening. She is snuggling on the couch with me right now. She did have the energy to get up and beg for some meat at dinner time so I know she's coming around. Her surgery is scheduled for Monday morning. I hope everything goes well.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Rita. So just chasing the cat she tore a ligament? Sounds like she's not used to chasing, poor girl. Wonder how Ryan is taking having to share the attention now. I guess turn abouts fair play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaa? Not Rita the Wonder-Dog! I am sure this will cause Rita to have a renewed aversion to felines. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete